Amelia Earhart Residence Hall (1964-) (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1964 -
Earhart Residence Hall, originally named Women's Residence Hall H-8, was opened in 1964 as a women's only hall. In June of 1965 the Purdue University Board of Trustees voted to rename the haall "Amelia Earhart Hall." Amelia Earhart began an association with Purdue University in 1936 as a consultant in careers for women and as a technical advisor to the Department of Aeronautics. Earhart Hall's official club is the Itasca Club, named after the last ship to hear from Earhart on her transatlantic flight in 1937. The club's purpose is to encourage scholastic achievement and promote a wide range of activities for residents. In April of 2003 the new dining court was opened and the hall transitioned to co-ed housing tht fall.
CitationAmelia Earhart Residence Hall. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Accessed April 21, 2020. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/11
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Earhart Residence Hall records
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 6
Abstract The Earhart Residence Hall records document the history and activity of Earhart Residence Hall. Types of materials include: artifacts, certificates, clippings, dance cards, memorandums, photographic prints, programs, and telephone directories. The Earhart Residence Hall records are organized into three series. Source(s): Purdue University Residences website Accessed December 4, 2014....
Dates: 1964-2014; Other: Majority of material found in 1964-2002; Other: Date acquired: 01/04/2014