David C. Pfendler Hall of Agriculture (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1902-
Agricultural Hall was originally a two-story brick and stone structure. It was constructed of pressed brick and Bedford stone in very substantial manner. The building originally contained offices for members of the Agricultural faculty, class rooms and laboratories for instruction in agriculture, horticulture, love stock husbandry, veterinary hygiene, farm dairying, creamery work and soil physics. There was also a library room, an auditorium seating 300, a large museum room, and halls for various agricultural societies. A significant addition was added to the building in 2001 and it was renamed David C. Pfendler Hall of Agriculture. The renovation included the addition of 25,000 square feet of classroom and laboratory space.
CitationAnnual Reports of the President and Other Officers of Purdue University for the Year Ending June 30, 1902. Purdue University: West Lafayette, IN.
CitationPurdue University Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes, July 6, 2001. Accessed April 26, 2018. http://earchives.lib.purdue.edu/cdm/compoundobject/collection/bot/id/9596/rec/2
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 62, Placement: 02
Identifier: UA 142
Scope and Contents The Campus Art Survey records contain reports and inventories of the various paintings and works of art that were present on campus. The reports include the locations of the works of art at that time.
Dates: 1938 - 1958