Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Purdue Alumni Association

 Organization

Historical Information

The Purdue Alumni is an independently financed, nonprofit alumni organization. Through the support of dues-paying members worldwide, it offers its services to all alumni, as well as funding for programs, services, and scholarships offered by the alumni association and alumni clubs and groups. Founded in 1878 as "The General Alumni Association" the association’s purpose was to allow graduates to keep in touch with one another and served as the first entity on campus that communicated to alumni. Satellite clubs were formed in other parts of the country with Chicago and Indianapolis being the first in 1890. In 1912, The Purdue Bulletin became the first publication produced by the association. It became a quarterly publication in 1914 and was renamed the Purdue Alumnus. In 1927, a state statute was enacted which increased the alumni-elected trustees to the Purdue University Board of Trustees from one to three. Until that time, George Ade was the sole alumni trustee. In 2004, The Alumni Association moves to the Dick and Sandy Dauch Alumni Center on the south side of campus.

Purdue Alumni Association History - https://www.purduealumni.org/about

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

George Zebrowski papers

 Collection — Box: Communal Collections 41, Placement: 11
Identifier: MSF 426
Scope and Contents The collection consists of one folder which contains a poem written by George Zebrowski as a student and a certificate of membership for the Purdue Alumni Association.
Dates: 1921 - 1931