- Existence: 1917-
Altrusa International, a service organization of executive and professional women, was founded 1917 as National Altrusa Institute. In 1919 its name changed to National Association of Altrusa Clubs; in 1935 the organization became the International Association of Altrusa Clubs, and in 1947 the name became Altrusa International. The service organization works across the globe in community serve and literacy initiatives.
CitationAltrusa International. Accessed March 5, 2019. https://www.altrusa.org
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSP 127
Abstract This collection contains administrative papers, scrapbooks, and publications relating the activities of the Lafayette, Indiana chapter of Altrusa International.